Saturday, October 21, 2006

Listen to Your Running Shoes

Running is an essential part of who I am. Some of my best memories in life are associated with running, but too often these memories are a long way in my past. So, sometimes I feel I am looking back too much and not living in the moment.

Running helps you see the world around you and live in the moment. It's so easy to go automatically through life not paying attention to anything. Come home make the dinner, switch on the television, look longing at your running shoes and say to yourself tomorrow I'll go running, today I'm too busy.

If your running shoes could talk to you they would say "come on, what's the matter with you?-- it's been days since we went out, I need to get out I'm going mental just sitting here in the hall"

You need to listen to your running shoes.

Whether you wear addidas or Nike it really doesn't matter if your running shoes fit well, and give you adequate cushioning you should listen to them and get out that door at least three times a week. Any less than this, and you are not a runner, and you are deceiving yourself to say otherwise.

No comments: