Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Nike Lunartrainers

If you're looking for a great pair of lightweight trainers that you can use for both racing and training it is worth looking at Nike's Lunartrainers. LunarTrainer+ weighs 250g so will not hold you back, and at the same time provides great levels of cushioning.

I can't give my personal opinion on these shoes as I haven't worn them, but they look good and Nike do make excellent running shoes. I have worn Nike Pegasus at various times over the last few years and have been pleased with them. I have also worn Asics DS Trainers, and it seems to me that the Nike Lunartrainer+ are similar shoes. Both are lightweight, but designed for both training and racing, and both have a similar stripped down cousin -- in Nike's case this is the Lunaracer+ that weighs in at 150g.

My conclusion: Lunartrainers look good, and I would expect perform excellently as well. They are worth trying on in the shop, and testing out. At £85 they are rather expensive, but this is the usual price you would pay for a similar shoe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew Russell said...

Yes, Nikes are very good, and I am a big fan of Pegasus. Don't forget that the women's world marathon record holder -- Paula Radcliffe-- runs in Nikes.