Sunday, May 27, 2007

My New Favourite Running Shoes

For quite some time I favoured Nike Pegasus's for my training sessions. I probably wore my Pegasus shoes for over 6 months -- and that's on a pretty constant basis! Constant meaning for all training runs, races etc in whatever weather. I liked them so much I bought another pair when I saw them in a sale.

Then I noticed that part of the rubber near the heel had worn away so much that bits were missing! Well, I may have worn them a lot, but they should last longer than this. I also thought that they were perhaps giving me too much protection. They are very well cushioned, and for my running style perhaps too much.

So, I looked at the shape of my wet footprint in the bathroom and came to the conclusion that Nike Pegasus was not my ideal running shoe. For other people it probably is, and you can see that from it's popularity, and also Runner's World rated it as their top pick for the year in 2006.

I probably need a little support, but not as much cushioning -- because I do not have a low arch. So, money was tight but I could do with wearing different trainers. Then, I realised that I have a pair of Asics DS Trainers that I stopped wearing last year after I got injured in a half marathon -- it was soon after this I started wearing the Nikes! I had always liked these, so I thought I'd try them out.

Well, the DS Trainers are my new favourite shoes! I ran in them today for 1 hour 50 minutes; I ran an offroad 10k in them on Friday, and a 10k in them last Sunday. And I feel excellent! Fit and raring to go you might say. And a little tired from all this running.

I will have to buy a new pair at some point --this will be around £70 I expect so shall start looking around for a sale!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Reebok is no 1 Brand among Running Shoes Get 40 % Discount on Reebok Running Shoes

BaBuN said...

Reebok is the leading sports brand in the world. Reebok launched Best running shoes Zig-Tech, Easy tone etc. which absorber all the pressure of your leg in long running. We can wear it in parties and function.